Here are some great ways to to filter YouTube to make it safer for educational and child friendly viewing as well as some ways to edit YouTube videos.
Top 5 Ways to Make YouTube Viewing Safer for Kids
- YouTube: Safety Mode – This is a great new feature which is simple to use. By clicking on the safety mode button at the bottom left of a YouTube screen, it filters inappropriate words from comments and doesn’t allow inappropriate videos to be played.
- ViewPure – Nice way to remove comments and ads from YouTube video and easy to use. Also, can install a bookmarklet into your browser for convenience.
- Safe Share TV – Great site which generates a unique safe URL for viewing YouTube content.
- Silentube – Installs a bookmarklet in your browser to watch all YouTube, Viddler, and Vimeo videos in peace.
- Vusafe – An excellent way for an educator to create a safe environment for students to watch videos.
Other – (Quietube)
Top 5 Ways to Edit YouTube Videos
- YouTube: Video Editor – Great tool that allows users to upload a video, then edit it by cropping, adding soundtrack, and creating a mash-up.
- Tube Chop – Excellent site that is super easy to use for editing YouTube videos by entering a URL and selecting the start/stop times.
- SnipSnip.It – Easy to use site by entering a URL and selecting the start and stop times (similar to Tube Chop).
- VidScan – Great way to view YouTube videos in a timeline to figure out which sections you want to watch.
- VideoANT – Fun way to watch a YouTube video and then annotate it as it plays along.
- Kick YouTube – Easy way to view YouTube videos being blocked by a filter.
- SaveVideo.Me – Great way to save any number of different video formats.
- SaveYouTube – Excellent way to save YouTube videos.
originally posted by David Kapuler