Here are some great ways to to filter YouTube to make it safer for educational and child friendly viewing as well as some ways to edit YouTube videos.
Top 5 Ways to Make YouTube Viewing Safer for Kids
- YouTube: Safety Mode – This is a great new feature which is simple to use. By clicking on the safety mode button at the bottom left of a YouTube screen, it filters inappropriate words from comments and doesn’t allow inappropriate videos to be played.
- ViewPure – Nice way to remove comments and ads from YouTube video and easy to use. Also, can install a bookmarklet into your browser for convenience.
- Safe Share TV – Great site which generates a unique safe URL for viewing YouTube content.
- Silentube – Installs a bookmarklet in your browser to watch all YouTube, Viddler, and Vimeo videos in peace.
- Vusafe – An excellent way for an educator to create a safe environment for students to watch videos. Continue reading