Much of the work was done by @pod2g to make this new version possible.
What’s new in AppleTV 4.4.4?
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
- Audio output: Addresses an issue in which audio may not play through the optical port when the TV is turned off.
- Netflix: Added support for Netflix in Mexico and Latin America.
- Stability and performance: version 4.4.4 includes general performance and stability improvements, including a fix for an issue that displayed an error when playing some video content.
It should be noted that if you’re already running a tethered version of 4.4.4 you will need to re-jailbreak using Seas0nPass to take advantage of the new untethered version.
Which plugins are supported on 4.4.4?
- Couch Surfer (works)
- Last.fm (works)
- Media Player (works)
- NitoTV (works)
- Overflow (works)
- Remote HD (works)
- Rowmote (works)
- RSS Feeds (works)
- Weather (works)
- XBMC (works)
- Plex (not working)
As always, Seas0nPass is available as a free download from Seas0nPass.com. If you already have SeasonPass, the software will notify you of the update automatically.