On the Trulia site, there is a great interactive map that plots out median prices for renting and buying to help you make a decision without having to plot it all out and track the housing market and gives you pretty colors to look at as well.
San Francisco, LA & New York appear to be better for renting, but it is still better to buy in Oakland.
Nick Fink of created a great resource that lists the keyboard shortcuts for Omnigraffle. I recommend creating a PDF and posting wherever you work.
You can download the graffle file, open it in Omnigraffle and export however works best for you.
Alternatively, just download my PDF, but you may need to adjust the print settings OmniGraffle 5 Keyboard Shortcuts
What happened with the Internet in 2010?
How many websites were added? How many emails were sent? How many Internet users were there? This post will answer all of those questions and many, many more. If it’s stats you want, you’ve got it.
Royal Pingdom used a wide variety of sources from around the Web to put this post together. You can find the full list of source references at the bottom of the post if you’re interested. They also did some additional calculations to get you even more numbers to chew on.
Prepare for a good kind of information overload.
- 107 trillion – The number of emails sent on the Internet in 2010.
- 294 billion – Average number of email messages per day.
- 1.88 billion – The number of email users worldwide.
- 480 million – New email users since the year before.
- 89.1% – The share of emails that were spam.
- 262 billion – The number of spam emails per day (assuming 89% are spam).
- 2.9 billion – The number of email accounts worldwide.
- 25% – Share of email accounts that are corporate.
- 255 million – The number of websites as of December 2010.
- 21.4 million – Added websites in 2010. Continue reading
Bruce Sterling, a leading futurist, speaker, columnist and science fiction writer, shares his vision on where mobile is heading. Preaching his story from a somewhat unconventional place, the pulpit instead of the stage, he managed to silence the audience. Check the video to see what he had to say to the Mobile sinners.